Good Morning! We are back home from our mini vaca to Savannah and I’m actually really sad! haha! It was soo nice being able to relax, explore and enjoy time together since both Justin and myself seem to have been soo busy the past few weeks! We’ve been to Savannah many many times, but we’ve always gone with other couples- while that is always a blast, it was really fun just enjoying our time with only the two of us! If you follow along via my snapchat (aubreyasplen24) you probably saw how eventful our night was the first night! Literally everything that could go wrong did. It was nothing big or major, but it was just every little thing- it was honestly laughable. We brought our scooter to get around quicker (its not the law to wear a helmet in FL but apparently it is in GA- our fault, we should have helmets regardless) but literally everyone was yelling at us to get off the road- put a helmet on blah blah… we didnt feel like dealing with it anymore so we drove alll the way back to our hotel, called an uber, ended up in the worst traffic- a 3 minute drive turned into 25 min drive, the place we were supposed to go to dinner was booked up even though the hostess earlier that day said we didn’t need a reservation, finally found a Chart House on the river (around like 8:30 by this point we are starvinggg), Justins fish was so incredibly salty as was my filet mignon (to the point it was almost inedible) I was charging my phone on a portable charger and the cord broke and the small piece got stuck INSIDE my phone, we didn’t dress correctly for the first night and we were freezing, but we ended up at the most hole in the wall bar and had a great night in the end. It was honestly so laughable we were like seriously, really, again!? at everything that kept happening, but the rest of our trip ended up being fantastic!
Ok enough about that, I wanted to share a quick little travel guide with you all! I’ve listed some fun places to stay, eat, drink, shop and explore!
Where to Stay:
On the Park:
We stayed on the park at the Mansion on Forsyth and I really enjoyed it! We were still only a 2 or 3 min uber to Baystreet (all of the shopping/ restaurants on the river) but I really liked being able to walk around the park in the mornings and grab coffee!
On the River:
Where to Eat:
- Soho South Cafe (we ate here for breakfast on our last morning, because it was recommended- the actual restaurant was super cool, food was okay- they only had 3 breakfast options (??) but apparently their lunch is really good.
- Foxy Loxy’s (great for coffee/ vegan breakfasts- we split zuchinni bread one morning, it was amaaazing. There’s also a cute little balcony you can sit on overlooking Forsyth Park)
- 700 Drayton (every meal- it’s actually the Mansion on Forsyth’s restaurant)
- Cafe at City Market ( great for any meal, we really liked it for lunch! I got the cilantro lime grilled chicken salad, Justin ordered the crabcake sandwhich. Both were delicious)
- Tequila’s Town (mexican restaurant- moderately priced, great margaritas- get there early because the wait gets longggg and it’s not a big restaurant)
- Rocks on the Roof/ Rocks on the River (order the grilled pimento cheese sandwhich. You’re welcome.)
- Zunzi’s (literally a hole in the wall, but so worth it)
- Byrd Cookie Company (they give free samples of the cookies and they are soooo good)
Where to Shop:
Ring is HERE
Broughton Street is definitely where it’s at!! Coffee shops and designer/ retail stores line the strip! Make sure to check out The Paris Market, 24e Design Co, the Kendra Scott color bar, and lots of other retailers like Banana Repuplic, a huge Urban Outfitters, the prettiest Michael Kors, etc… If you want more “fun” stores, go to City Market and there’s old candy shops, a cute dog store called Woof Gang and lots of other cool boutiques!
Where To Drink:
- Rocks on the Roof (a favorite of many, the coolest rooftop bar that has outside seating all around the perimeter including live music, fire pits and a really cool atmosphere.)
- The Chart House (although my drink wasn’t the best- they have an outside balcony on the river you can sit and drink)
- City Market Cafe (THE BEST PEACH SANGRIA. that is all 🙂 )
- Rogue Water Tap House (its a typical “college” bar aka dirty and small, but hey sometimes those are the best places to go)
- B & D Burgers (a fun daytime place to go- cornhole outside and some outdoor couches with football games on the tv)
I know there are probably so many other fun places to go and I would love to know in the comments below! These are just some of our fave little places to enjoy when we come to Savannah! I hope this helped if you are planning to head that way any time soon!! On another note, have a wonderful Monday!