Ask and you shall receive! These are our favorite places to wine and dine throughout downtown St. Augustine and Vilano Beach. Most places unfortunately do not take reservations so just keep that in mind when going to dinner down town in St. Aug. However, almost all of these restaurants have great bars and you can sit at the bar and order a drink/ appetizer if the wait is crazy long. I’d say the most popular and busy times are during the Christmas season. The Summer is busy too, but since it’s a longer season it’s not as crowded as the holidays!
Fave places to wine and dine in St. Augustine, FL:
- Casa Reina: Great place for dinner and drinks! Has a rooftop and great views of downtown and the water
- Caps on the Water: a local favorite hidden gem. Located on the water in the heart of vilano- great date night spot
- Saint George Restaurant : A little more upscale and fancy; probably one of the best meals I’ve ever had.
- Osteen’s: Literally a hole in the wall, local fave. The best fried shrimp you’ll ever eat. If going on a weekend, get there early. First come, first serve
- River & Fort: Great veiws, rooftop bar, live music
- St Augustine Fish Camp: Delicious, on the water (can access via boat)
- Ice Plant: Such a fun place for drinks! They do have delicious food if you want to go for dinner, but it’s a fun place for drinks!
- Beaches at Vilano: Our backyard restaurant 🙂 You can access Beaches via boat- Beaches gives a typical touristy vibe, but 85% of the people there are locals. Super fun, live music, very casual!
- Prohibition Kitchen: Delicious food (can be loud for dinner) But turns into a super fun bar at night! Always has live music on the weekends.
- The Floridian: I personally love The Floridian as a casual lunch spot- very casual, but very fresh.
- Crave: THE BEST for lunch/breakfast. All locally grown/ sourced food. So incredibly fresh and yummy!
- Catch 27: Seafood spot, nice for date nights
- Pizzalley’s : Cliché, tourist trap BUT it’s some of the best pizza you’ll ever eat
- Mojo’s BBQ: Mojos is a chain type restaurant, but we love their food. It’s usually not super crowded and it’s a great place to grab take out or catering if needed!
- No Name: Your locals dive bar lol always a good time though
- Forgotten Tonic: Fun little dive bar hidden on Avilles Street
- St Augustine Distillery : Ok the distillery is so underrated- you can take a tour and get free tastings at the distillery- it’s right under the Ice plant!
- Ancient City Brunch Bar: small breakfast spot- they do yummy charcuterie boards, nice spot to work- they do close early
- Kookaburra: St Augustine Staple Coffee shop !
- Sunday Everyday: Fun place for breakfast and lunch. Love the vibes here- pink, peach, white, retro/ boho vibes here!
- Juniper: Cute little coffee shop on san marco- you won’t miss the pink chairs out front!
Places I want to try!